|08:00 am-08:30 am|
and Voting App Installation Note: All registrants are requested to have the voting app already loaded and activated on their mobile device prior to taking their seats, and to have filled out their Delegate Information in the app.
|08:30 am-09:00 am|
|09:00 am-11:00 am|
Access to Justice & Dispute Resolution Systems: What do Parties/Users Need & Expect?
Moderator: Melissa Stear Gorsline, Partner, Global Disputes, Jones Day
- Betsy Broder, Counsel for International Consumer Protection, Federal Trade Commission
- Cyril F. Coombs, Assistant General Counsel, Dominion Resources Services, Inc.
- Barbara R. McLemore, Vice President and General Counsel, Gannett Fleming, Inc.
- Michael Rooney, Vice President and General Counsel, Manhattan Construction Group
- Edward M. Zawitoski, Vice President, The Travelers Companies
|11:00 am-11:20 am||COFFEE BREAK|
|11:20 am-12:50 am|
How is the Market Currently Addressing These Party/User Needs and Expectations?
Moderator: Jonathan S. Rosenthal, Director, Maryland Judiciary Mediation and Conflict Resolution Office (MACRO)
- Dan W. China, Corporate Counsel, The Whiting-Turner Contracting Company
- David Daly, Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Sally Greenberg, Executive Director, National Consumers League
- Mark Kantor, Arbitrator and Mediator; Adjunct Professor, Georgetown University Law Center
- Luis M. Martinez, Vice President, International Centre for Dispute Resolution
- Trish Weaver, Principal, Paley Rothman, Attorneys at Law
|01:50 pm-03:10 pm|
How can Dispute Resolution be Improved? (Overcoming Obstacles and Challenges)
Moderator: Deborah Thompson Eisenberg, Professor of Law, Director of Mediation Clinic; Faculty Director of Center for Dispute Resolution, University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law (C-DRUM)
- Hon. Rosemarie Annunziata, Retired Judge, Virginia Court of Appeals; Arbitrator and Mediator, JAMS
- John Bickerman, Principal, Bickerman Dispute Resolution, PLLC
- Amal Bouchenaki, Counsel, Herbert Smith Freehills
- David H. Burt, Arbitrator, International Institute for Conflict Prevention and Resolution (CPR)
- Joanna Jacobs, Office of Dispute Resolution, US Department of Justice
- Marvin Johnson, Executive Director, Center for Alternative Dispute Resolution; Arbitrator and Mediator, Center for Alternative Dispute Resolution and JAMS
|03:10 pm-03:30 pm||COFFEE BREAK|
|03:30 pm-05:00 pm|
Promoting Better Access to Justice: What Action Items Should be Considered and by Whom?
Moderator: Nancy Welsh, Chair, American Bar Association Section of Dispute Resolution; Professor of Law; William Trickett Faculty Scholar, Penn State University, Dickinson Law
- P. Jean Baker, Vice President, American Arbitration Association
- Karla Gilbride, Cartwright-Baron Staff Attorney, Public Justice
- Homer C. LaRue, Professor of Law and Director of ADR Curriculum and Mediation Clinic, Howard University School of Law
- Archis A. Parasharami, Partner, Co-Chair Consumer Litigation & Class Actions, Mayer Brown LLP
- Geetha Ravindra, Mediator, International Monetary Fund; Former Director, Department of Dispute Resolution Services, Supreme Court of Virginia
|05:00 pm-05:30 pm|
Final Discussions & Conference Wrap-up
|05:30 pm-07:00 pm|
- Optional Tours, Westminster Burying Ground & Catacombs